Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions
For Promotion terms & conditions, please visit our Help Centre.
These terms and conditions ('the Terms') govern the users ('you' or 'your') use of www.nealsyardremedies.com ('the Website') and your relationship with:
(i) The Hut.com Limited (trading as www.nealsyardremedies.com) whose registered office is at 5th Floor, Voyager House, Chicago Avenue, Manchester Airport, M90 3DQ; or
('we', 'our', or 'us'). Please read them carefully as they affect your rights and liabilities under law. If you do not agree to these Terms, please do not access nor use the Website. If you have any queries regarding these Terms then please contact us.
By using the Website you agree to be bound by these Terms. Access to our Website is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our Website without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason our Website is unavailable at anytime or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our Website. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our Website through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
2. Amendments and Updates
We reserve the right to update these Terms from time to time and any changes will be notified to you via a suitable announcement on the Website. It is your responsibility to check for such changes. The changes will apply to the use of the Website after we have given such announcement. If you do not wish to accept the new Terms you should not continue to use the Website. If you continue to use the Website after the date on which the change comes into effect, your use of the Website indicates your agreement to be bound by the new Terms; and modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, this Website and the material contained within (or any part) without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website or its contents.
We aim to update our Website regularly and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our Website, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our Website maybe out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
You warrant that the personal information which you are required to provide when you register is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects; and you are not impersonating any other person or entity.
The products purchased on this site are for private and domestic use only and are not for re sale. You will notify us immediately of any changes to the personal information by e‐mailing or telephoning our customer service representatives at:
Telephone: 0800 470 3245
When you shop on this Website, we will ask you to input personal details in order for us to identify you, such as your name, e‐mail address, billing address, delivery address, credit card or other payment information. We confirm that this information will be held by us in accordance with the registration we have with the Data Commissioner's office.
5. Protecting Your Security
To ensure that your credit, debit or charge card is not being used without your consent, we will validate name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third party databases.
We take the risk of internet fraud very seriously. With the volume of fraudulent credit card transactions increasing, we make every effort to ensure all orders are thoroughly checked using the information already supplied. There is a possibility we may contact you to make additional security checks and we ask for your co‐operation to enable us to complete them. We will not tolerate fraudulent transactions and such transactions will be reported to the relevant authorities.
By accepting these terms and conditions you consent to such checks being made. In performing these checks personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of that information. You can rest assured that this is done only to confirm your identity, that a credit check is not performed and that your credit rating will be unaffected.
The Website may only be used for lawful purposes and in a lawful manner. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations regarding the Website and its use. You agree not to upload or transmit through the Website any computer viruses or anything else designed to interfere with, interrupt or disrupt the normal operating procedures of a computer.
Whenever you post any comments or materials to the Website, you must comply with the content rules set out below. We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials or posting posted by you. We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on our Website if, in our opinion, it does not comply with the content rules set out below.
You are responsible for postings made on the Website and represent and warrant that the material you provide is your own work and that it is accurate and true.You further agree and warrant that you will not:
· post or include in any message or transfer to the Website, any material which is obscene, indecent, false, misleading, inaccurate, homophobic, sexually explicit, objectionable, racist, sexist or illegal;
· post or transfer anything to the Website which is damaging to our software, IT systems, data
or the Website;
· defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others (including rights of privacy and publicity);
· advertise or offer to sell any Products or services for a commercial purpose;
· conduct or forward surveys, contests, pyramids schemes, or chain letters;
· impersonate another person or entity or falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels;
· use offensive or inappropriate user names or language;
· promote violence;
· send or post spam or spam links;
· infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; and/or
· give the impression that the posting emanates from us, if this is not the case.
We advise that you do not reveal any personal information about yourself in any postings.
Any posting posted by you will be considered non‐confidential and you will own the copyright in it.
You agree to grant us a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty‐free transferable right and licence to copy, adapt, modify, share, translate, delete in its entirety or create further content from such material at our sole discretion for any purpose.
We have the right to display the name that you submit in connection with such material. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who claims that any material posted or uploaded by you to our Website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or any court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of any one posting or transmitting any information or materials on or through the Website. You must tell us as soon as you become aware of any unlawful or prohibited use of the Website by any third parties.
We reserve the right to edit, refuse to post, or remove any information or materials in whole or in part for whatever reason in our sole discretion.
By submitting your contact details to us in connection with your post you agree that we may contact you about the status of the material you submit and for other administrative purposes.
You agree to fully indemnify, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees and suppliers, harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of any breach of these Terms by you, or any other liabilities arising out of your use of this Website or any other person accessing the Website using your personal information.
8. Third Party Links
As a convenience to our customers, the Website may include links to other websites or material which is beyond our control. For your information, we are not responsible for such websites or material nor do we review or endorse them. We will not be liable, whether directly or indirectly, for the privacy practices or content of such websites nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, materials or services available on such external websites or resources.
All orders are subject to acceptance and availability. If the goods ordered are not available, you will be notified by e‐mail (or by other means if no e‐mail address has been provided) and you will have the option either to wait until the item is available from stock or to cancel your order.
Any orders placed by you will be treated as an offer to purchase the goods or services from us and we have the right to reject such offers at any time. You acknowledge that any automated acknowledgment of your order which you may receive from us shall not amount to our acceptance of your offer to purchase goods or services advertised on the Website.
The conclusion of a contract between you and us will take place when we (i) debit your credit, debit card or PayPal account or (ii) dispatch the goods to you or commence the services, whichever is the later.
We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data provided by you when accessing or ordering from the Website.
You will assume the risk for the products once they have been delivered to the delivery address which you specified when ordering the products. We accept no liability where you provide an incorrect delivery address or where you fail to collect the products from the delivery address which you specified. Notwithstanding that risk of loss or damage to the products only passes to you once they have been delivered to the delivery address, ownership of the products shall pass to you on the later of: (a) the products being dispatched by us; and (b) us receiving payment in respect of the same.
10. Cancellation Rights
Customers who have purchased a Course and wish to cancel or amend their booking, must do so no less than 7 days prior to the start of the purchased Course. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel or reschedule.
11. Price and Payment
All prices shown are inclusive of VAT (only where applicable ‐ see below) at the current rates and are correct at the time of entering the information onto the system. We reserve the right, however, to change prices at any time without notice to you.
If your delivery address is within the United Kingdom, no additional taxes will be charged to you. If your delivery address is outside of the United Kingdom you may be subject to import duties and taxes (including VAT), which are levied once a delivery reaches your destination country. Any such additional charges must be borne by you (if your delivery address is inside the European Union (‘EU’) see ‘Customs clearance responsibilities for EU delivery addresses’). You should note that customs policies and practices vary widely from country to country. We recommend that you contact your local customs office for information.
Please note that when shipping goods from outside the United Kingdom, cross border shipments may be subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities. In respect of all goods dispatched to you to an address outside of the United Kingdom, you are deemed to be the importer of the goods and must therefore comply with all the laws and regulations of the country into which the goods are being delivered.
Payment can be made by any major credit or debit card or via your PayPal account. Payment will be debited and cleared from your account before the dispatch of your good or provision of the service to you. If payment is to be made via a credit card a pre‐auth value of £0.01 will be held against the card until the card issuer validates the payment.
In the unlikely event that the price shown on the checkout page is wrong, and we discover this before accepting your order in accordance with clause 9, we are not required to sell the goods to you at the price shown. We always try and ensure that the prices of goods shown on our Website are accurate, but occasionally genuine errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of the goods that you have ordered we will let you know as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If you cancel your order and you have already paid for the goods, then you will receive a full refund.
You confirm that the credit, debit card or PayPal account that is being used is yours. All credit/debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to or does not, for any reason, authorise payment to us we will not be liable to you for any delay or non‐delivery.
If your credit or debit card payment is not processed successfully for any reason, we reserve the right to reattempt to process payment within 48 hours. In the event that the payment is still unsuccessful, we will give you at least 48 hours’ notice in advance of any further reattempt to process payment by sending an email to the email address you have provided to us. If you do not want us to reattempt to process payment, you must cancel your order in advance.
You may only use one discount code with each order. We reserve the right to reject or cancel any orders where you add more than one discount code to the basket.
We allow you to use discount codes strictly on the terms and conditions upon which they were issued which, amongst other things, may include terms relating to your eligibility to use them and a maximum order value.
Please familiarise yourself with these terms and conditions before you place an order as we reserve the right to reject or cancel any orders which do not comply with these terms even if your credit or debit card has been charged. If there is any inconsistency between the terms and conditions upon which the discount codes were issued and these terms and conditions, the discount code terms and conditions prevail. A copy of the discount code terms and conditions can be obtained by mailing or telephoning our customer service representatives at:
Telephone: 0800 470 3245
Customs clearance responsibilities for EU delivery addresses
For orders dispatched from the UK only.
For deliveries to addresses within the EU, for legal purposes you are the importer of the goods, and are responsible for any import formalities as well as any duties, tariffs, or taxes which may be charged by any customs authority. However, we have collected these amounts from you as part of your purchase, and by agreeing to these terms, you hereby authorise us to appoint our designated carrier(s) to carry out any required customs formalities on your behalf, including payment of any duties, tariffs, or taxes to the appropriate customs authority. The designated carrier will deliver the goods to you in addition to carrying out the customs formalities on your behalf. These customs formalities will be carried out in different countries depending on the country in which your delivery address belongs, and the carrier used. Your goods will be cleared for customs purposes in one of the following ‘clearance countries’:
1. Cyprus (for addresses in Cyprus)
2. France (for addresses in France, Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, and Slovenia)
3. Ireland (for addresses in Ireland)
4. Malta (for addresses in Malta)
5. Spain (for addresses in Spain)
6. The Netherlands (for addresses in the Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Luxembourg, Poland, and Sweden)
7. Belgium (for addresses in Belgium and Ireland)
8. Otherwise, in the country in which your address belongs.
9. In the country in which your address belongs.
10. The Netherlands (for all addresses)
This means that you will be charged duties, tariffs, or taxes at the rate applicable in the clearance country – these will be paid on your behalf by the designated carrier. These clearance countries are subject to change without notice being provided to you.
By accepting these terms, you consent to us appointing a designated carrier to act on your behalf as described above, and that the designated carrier is acting solely for you as your customs direct representative.
12. Eligibility to Purchase
To be eligible to purchase goods on this Website and lawfully enter into and form contracts on this Website under English law you must be 18 years of age or over; and register your real name, address, phone number, e‐mail address any other details requested.
By offering to purchase goods and services you represent to us that you are 18 years of age or over and authorise us to transmit information (included updated information) to obtain information from third parties, including but not limited to, your debit or credit card numbers or credit reports to authenticate your identity, to validate your credit card, to obtain an initial credit card authorisation and to authorise individual purchase transactions.
13. Intellectual Property
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Website for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others to material posted on our Website.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our Website must always be acknowledged.
You must not use otherwise reproduce, modify, copy or distribute any part of the content or materials on our Website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
If you print off, copy or download any part of our Website in breach of these Website Terms, your right to use our Website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
All logos, brands and trademarks used on the Website including, but not limited to, Neal’s Yard Remedies and the Neal’s Yard Remedies logo are owned by Neal’s Yard (Natural Remedies) Limited or its group companies. You may not use these without our consent.
14. Limitation of Liability
Notwithstanding any other provision in the Terms, nothing in these Terms:
· affect or limit your rights as a consumer under English law; or
· will exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
The Website is provided on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis without any representation or endorsement made and we make no warranties, whether express or implied, in relation to it and its use. You acknowledge that we cannot guarantee and cannot be responsible for the security or privacy of the Website and any information provided by you. You must bear the risk associated with the use of the Internet.
Whilst we will try to ensure that material included on the Website is correct, reputable and of high quality, we cannot accept responsibility if this is not the case. We will not be responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information or for any technical problems you may experience with the Website. If we are informed of any inaccuracies in the material on the Website we will attempt to correct this as soon as we reasonably can.
In particular, we disclaim all liabilities in connection with the following:
· incompatibility of the Website with any of your equipment, software or telecommunications links;
· technical problems including errors or interruptions of the Website; unsuitability, unreliability or inaccuracy of the Website; and
· failure of the Website to meet your requirements.
To the full extent allowed by applicable law, you agree that we will not be liable to you or any third party for any consequential or incidental damages (both of which terms includes, without limitation, pure economic loss, loss of profits, loss of business, loss of anticipated savings, wasted expenditure, loss of privacy and loss of data) or any other indirect, special or punitive damages whatsoever that arise out of or are related to the Website.
15. International Users
The Website is controlled, operated, and administered within the United Kingdom and we make no representation that any Website content is appropriate or available for use at any other location outside the United Kingdom. If you access the Website from a location outside the United Kingdom, you are responsible for compliance with all local laws.
We do not accept any liability arising from any attempt by you to purchase or any subsequent delivery of products if such action is prohibited or illegal where you are ordering from or having the products delivered to. Legal advice should be taken in cases of doubt and you shall remain wholly responsible for ensuring that you are permitted to purchase our products from where you access the Website from and import them.
16. WEEE Compliance
The UK WEEE Regulations were first introduced in 2007 with the aim of reducing the amount of EEE ending up in landfill. As per the requirements of the Regulations, we finance the recovery and recycling of WEEE when it reaches the end of its life and ensure our EEE products are marked accordingly with a crossed out wheeled bin symbol and a date mark. We also provide information on reuse and environmentally sound treatment of the products.
More information about the WEEE Regulations can be found at www.gov.uk/electrical‐and‐ electronic‐equipment‐eee‐producer‐responsibility.
If any part of the Terms shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions of the Terms.
No waiver by us shall be construed as a waiver of any proceeding or succeeding breach of any provision.
19. Entire Agreement
These Terms form the entire basis of any agreement reached between you and us.
20. Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes will be decided only by the English courts.
Refunds & Returns
1. Our Returns Policy
Our Returns Policy forms part of, and must be read in conjunction with, our Terms and Conditions of Sale. We reserve the right to change this Returns Policy at any time.
It is important that you check your order or items upon receipt and always before use. If any errors occur or issues arise then these need to be reported to us immediately so we can investigate.
Before attempting to return an order you will need to contact our customer service team to request a returns authorisation number. Without this number it can be difficult to process your return meaning the process may take longer.
2. Your statutory rights
Our Returns Policy does not affect your statutory rights.
For more information about your other statutory rights, please visit the UK Government's website at: www.direct.gov.uk or contact Consumer Direct, the Government funded consumer advice service on 08454 04 05 06.
3. Right to Cancel
You have the right to cancel this contract within 28 days without giving reason.
The cancellation period will expire after 28 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you acquires physical possession of the goods.
To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement (e.g. by selecting the appropriate option in your account or a letter sent by post). You may use the example model cancellation form below, but it is not obligatory.
Please ensure that the items you are returning are unopened and in any original packaging. Unwanted goods need to be in pristine condition with any retail seals unbroken.
4. Effects of Cancellation*
If you cancel this contract, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the cost of delivery (except for supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us).
We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you.
We will make the reimbursement without undue delay and not later than:
(a)14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied; or
(b)(if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the goods; or
(c)if there were no goods supplied, 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel the contract.
We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise. In any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement. You will have to bear the direct cost of returning the goods.
Model Cancellation Form
To: Neal's Yard Remedies Customer Service Team
1-2 The Stables
I hereby give notice that I cancel my contract of sale of the following goods:
Name of customer:
Address of customer:
Signature of customer (only if sent by paper):
5. What should I do if I receive an incorrect item?
We have high standards when it comes to packaging your order however mistakes, do occur from time to time. Please accept our apologies if you have received an incorrect item. As part of our customer objectives, we will do our upmost to resolve your query with speed, ease and with absolute minimal inconvenience.
We will review each case individually when considering the return of the product; in some cases we may require further information such as pictures so we can choose the best course of action. Our aim is to provide the best solution for you as quickly as possible.
6. What should I do if my item is damaged?
Although we take care to prevent any damage to your goods during transit it is possible that problems may arise. Please accept our apologies if you have received a damaged item.
We ask that you do not refuse delivery, instead accept the goods and contact us immediately. Refusal may actually result in a delay of the parcel being returned.
You can contact us through your account using the online message centre. Please attach any pictures you have of the damage to the message. A member of our team will review the details and offer the best resolution to resolve your query.
7. How do I report a fault with my product?
Please accept our apologies if you believe there is a fault with your item, we take all complaints regarding the quality of our products seriously and we will need to investigate the reported fault in more detail.
In order to do this we ask that you contact us through your account using the online message centre. Please provide details of the fault and where possible attach pictures to your message.
8. How do I arrange a return?
Please contact our Customer Service team to arrange your return.
We will need to know your order number, the item you want to return and the reason for return. Upon receipt of these details we will provide you with a unique returns authorisation number and all the necessary information to arrange the return.
Please package the item securely and ensure our returns form is included inside.
You will need to obtain a proof of postage receipt when you send your item to us. Proof of postage does not cost anything but without it we may not be able to process your refund or replacement in the rare event that your item is lost in transit. If you request a replacement and the product is no longer available, we will process a refund back to the original account used to purchase the item.
Any item you have accepted and then returned is your responsibility until it reaches our warehouse. Please therefore ensure that you send your item back to us using a delivery service that insures you for the value of the goods.
9. Will you refund my postage costs to return an item?
We are more than happy to refund postage costs to return an item where the return is required due to our error. For instance:
· If we sent you the wrong item
· If the item is damaged or faulty
· Where you are returning a substitute item which you do not want to keep
We will not refund postage costs to return items which are unwanted or no longer required. These costs will need to be covered by you, again we recommend using a delivery service that insures you for the value of the goods.
We will not refund postage costs to return any item due to reported damage or fault where no error was found in the testing process. Costs of posting the item back to you will depend on the item and will be communicated to you after the testing process has been completed.
If you are not satisfied with the way in which we have handled the return or replacement of any item, we want to hear about this. Our aim is to resolve the matter for you and ask that you please contact our customer service representatives via your account or by post at Neal's Yard Remedies Customer Service Team, 1-2 The Stables, Gadbrook Park, Northwich, CW9 7RA
*Unfortunately, due to health protection and hygiene reasons, we are unable to accept cancellation of your order or offer a refund or exchange on: homoeopathy, loose herbs or superfoods, make-up brushes or dispensed tinctures. If in doubt, please contact our Customer Advice Line on 0800 470 3245
11. All Competitions
1. We reserve the right to amend these Terms from time to time.
2. These rules will be deemed incorporated into each competition except to the extent that any specific instruction in a competition provides otherwise.
3. By entering the competition entrants will be deemed to have read and understood these Terms and be bound by them. All of our decisions will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
4. Any person who is an employee or an immediate family member of an employee of any The Hut Group or Neal’s Yard (Natural Remedies) Limited company or any other person who is directly connected with the organisation of any particular competition is ineligible to participate.
5. Competitions are only open to residents of the UK (excluding Northern Ireland).
6. All entrants are to be aged 18 or over unless any other age restriction is specified or implied. Entrants should, if under 18, obtain permission in advance from their parent or guardian.
7. All entries must be received by the closing date specified in the competition. Answers will be entered upon submission. No responsibility will be taken for any answers that are misdirected, lost for technical or other reasons or received after the closing date.
8. We reserve the absolute right to disqualify without notice any entries to any competition which we consider have used improper technical means to enter and/or we believe is fraudulent.
9. Entrants are liable for their costs to access computer networks.
10. We will not be liable for or accept any responsibility for: (i) any failure by the winner or any entrant to comply with these terms and conditions; (ii) any disruption, delay or misdirection of entries; or (iii) any server, system or network failures, malfunctioning or inaccessibility .
11. We shall be the promoter of all competitions subject to these terms and conditions unless stated otherwise.
12. If for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable we reserve the right at our absolute discretion to substitute a similar prize of equivalent or greater value.
13. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
14. There will be no cash or other alternative to the prize offered and prizes are not transferable.
15. The products purchased on this site are for private and domestic use only and are not for re sale.
16. The winner's name will be selected in a random draw, after the closing date, from all correct answers received.
17. The winner of a prize will be notified within 28 days after the winner has been ascertained. Please allow 28 days for delivery of all prizes.
18. If the winner of the a competition is unable to take up a prize for any reason or if the winner cannot be notified after reasonable efforts having been made then we may dispose of the prize as we think fit without any liability to the winner for having done so.
19. For each competition, only one prize will be awarded per entrant / email address. Names of winners will be available on request.
20. Prizes Involving Travel: (a) Travel arrangements are the responsibility of prize winners unless otherwise stated; (b) we reserve the right to require written permission from the parent or guardian of any winner who is under the age of 16 and to require such a winner to choose as a companion someone 18 or over.
21. Competition prizes/tickets may be restricted to certain times of the year and unless otherwise stated all prizes must be taken within six months of the date of the competition draw.
22. Where prizes are to be provided by a third party then the winner will be required to complete all appropriate or applicable booking or other formalities direct with such providers. We will have no responsibility for the acts/defaults of any other persons or companies.
12. Multibuy Offer
This offer applies only to qualifying items listed in the Multibuy area of this Website.
Where any goods are returned (except for an exchange where products are faulty/defective), we are entitled to either require the return of all goods delivered as part of that Multibuy offer at your cost or charge you for the goods retained by you at the full price quoted on this site.
13. Gift With Products Promotions
Where we are offering a free gift with a product, we shall only provide one free gift per transaction (irrespective of how many products are purchased). The free gift is subject to availability and we reserve the right to change the free gift for an alternative gift.
In order for us to facilitate the provision of a free gift, it may be necessary for us to include the free gift on our site at a nominal value. For the avoidance of doubt, you are not entitled to 'purchase' the free gift without purchasing the product it is provided free with and any attempt to 'purchase' the free gift will be cancelled (notwithstanding any automated communication you may receive acknowledging your order). In the unlikely event that the free gift is despatched to you, you shall be obliged to return the free gift upon written request.
14. Gift Vouchers and Credit
Credit- Any credit will be valid for 6 months from the date of issue and will expire on the anniversary of the date of issue.
15. Referral Scheme
Subject to the terms set out below, you may earn ‘credit’ for use on this Website by referring a new customer(s) to us through our referral scheme by sharing the referral link and/or referral code we provide to you (the “Referral Scheme”). You are only eligible to participate as a ‘referrer’ in this Referral Scheme if you have previously placed an order on the Website.
A new customer is a natural person who has not previously placed an order with us (a "Referee"). If the Referee has an account on the Website but has not previously placed an order on the Website then they are entitled to participate in the Referral Scheme through the ‘referral link’ only. If the Referee already has an account on the Website then they will be unable to participate in the Referral Scheme using a ‘referral code’ (regardless of whether they have previously placed an order).
If the Referee has clicked through your referral link the discount code will automatically be applied at checkout. If the Referee is using a referral code, the Referee must enter this code at checkout.
For the avoidance of doubt, any credit generated from the Referral Scheme may only be spent on the Website and neither you nor the Referee is entitled to receive any payment of any kind in respect of the credit. The credit is not redeemable for cash. The credit that stands to your Referral Scheme account is not transferable in any way.
You will receive the applicable credit on your account 24 hours after dispatch of the Referee's order. If the Referee cancels their order for any reason within 24 hours of it being dispatched, you will not qualify for any credit. You will receive your credit in the default currency of the Website.
Any credit accrued through the Referral Scheme that has not been used within 12 months from the date of accrual will expire.
The Referee must place an order with a value of at least the minimum value as stated on the Website from time to time.
Subscription products are excluded from the Referral Scheme. We may exclude additional products from the Referral Scheme at our sole discretion from time to time.
We may, in our sole discretion, withdraw your credit generated from the Referral Scheme at any time if we believe or suspect that your use of the Referral Scheme is fraudulent, misleading or contrary to these terms.
16. ONLINE COURSES
The Customer wishes to employ the services of Neal's Yard Remedies to provide an online course ('Course'). In accepting the services the Customer (you, or the person authorised by you to attend the Course) agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions contained in this agreement (the "Online Courses T&Cs").
1. These Online Courses T&Cs take effect on the date you have paid for the Course and shall remain in force until you have attended the Course (subject to the terms of these Online Courses T&Cs).
2. Neal's Yard Remedies grants you a non‐exclusive, non‐transferable, limited licence to access the Course via Zoom (or other online web platform).
3. You are prohibited from downloading, storing, reproducing, transmitting, displaying, printing, copying or distributing the Course.
4. All right, title, and interest (including all copyrights and other intellectual property rights) in the Course belong to Neal's Yard Remedies or its third party suppliers. You acquire no ownership of copyright or other intellectual property rights or proprietary interest in the Course.
5. Only the Customer shall be entitled to access the Course.
6. Neal's Yard Remedies will provide you with a password to access the Course viahttps://zoom.us/ as confirmation of your order.
7. All reasonable efforts will be made to ensure that the Course takes place on the advertised date and time. If the Course does not take place, an alternative date/time will be scheduled. Neal's Yard Remedies reserves the right to substitute speakers and or where events beyond its reasonable control prevent speakers from appearing.
9. Neal's Yard Remedies may by written notice terminate these Online Courses T&Cs or suspend its performance of all or any of its obligations under it on serving no less than12 hours' notice. Neal's Yard Remedies' only obligation in this event shall be a refund of the Fee.
10. Customers who have purchased a Course and wish to cancel or amend their booking, must do so no less than 7 days prior to the start of the purchased Course. Please email@example.com to cancel or reschedule.
11. The Course is provided on an "as is", "as available" basis and Neal's Yard Remedies makes no express warranties under these Online Courses T&Cs, including without limitation that the Course is or will be complete or free from errors or that information will continue to be available from Neal's Yard Remedies.
12. The Courses are provided for reference purposes only and are not intended, nor should they be used, as a substitute for professional advice or judgment or to provide advice with respect to particular circumstances.
17. IN PERSON COURSES
All courses except the diploma course must be paid for in one payment to secure the booking.
If you want to change a course booking:
If you decide to amend or cancel a course booking for whatever reason you must contact us as soon as possible. If you amend your course booking the following conditions will apply:
· You must do so no less than 2 weeks prior to your course start date, after this date no amendments will be made and cancellation charges will apply – see ‘if you cancel your course booking’ below your request will be refused.
· You can only amend your booking date once and it must be to another available date which takes place within 6 months of your original course start date.
· All amendments are subject to availability.
· We will also charge you an amendment fee of £30 per person which must be payable to us at the time of making your amendment.
· You may be allowed to amend the name on your course booking in exceptional circumstances only and will be at our sole discretion, please call us to discuss.
If you want to cancel your course booking for whatever reason you must contact us as soon as possible.
To cover the cost of processing your cancellation, and to compensate us for the risk that we may not be able to resell your place on the course, we’ll make a cancellation charge on the scale shown below.
Period before course starts when notice of cancellation is received
Percentage of total course price
4 or more weeks
Less than 2 weeks
Please note, as with any leisure activity or theatre ticket purchase, the above cancellation charges will apply, even if you’ve booked your course less than 14 days prior to your cancellation.
If we change a course booking
Occasionally there may reasons outside of our control which means we may have to cancel and/or amend your course booking, for example, not being sufficient numbers of students to allow a training day to proceed. These instances are rare and we reserve our right to do this in exceptional circumstances, we will let you know as soon as we can if there is time before the start of your course. If this happens we will endeavour to do the following:
1. We will contact you by e‐mail and a telephone call at least 7 days before the course start date.
2. We will give you the opportunity to reschedule your course to another date that takes place within 6 months of the original booking date.
3. If your course booking is unable to be rescheduled or the date is unacceptable to you, we will issue you a full refund of the price paid.
Please be aware that Neal’s Yard Remedies cannot, under any circumstances, be held responsible for any travel or accommodation costs incurred. Students are advised to make sure they book travel and accommodation that can be cancelled or rescheduled or take out appropriate insurance.
Courses discount cards
20% off Neal's Yard Remedies products applies in participating stores on the day of course only, on presentation of a valid discount card. One use per customer. Excludes sales of Gift Vouchers, Therapies and Courses. Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer. No cash or other alternatives.
All training material is owned by Neal’s Yard Remedies. Filming courses, copying, adaptation or other use of all or part of these materials without written permission from Neal’s Yard Remedies is prohibited.
Please be aware that course materials and take-home products are subject to availability and may differ if certain raw ingredients are out of stock or cannot be sourced.
Please make sure to notify us with any relevant illnesses or injuries, any allergies or if you are pregnant as this may affect your suitability to attend certain courses.
18. OUR THERAPIES
About your therapy
Unless otherwise stated, practitioners are self‐employed, independent third parties who are fully qualified and insured.
Please be aware that some of your therapy time may involve a consultation, especially if it is your first appointment. The practitioner will then be able to tailor the treatment according to your specific needs. Please ensure you book more time if needed.
It’s important to note that the style of treatments may vary depending on the practitioner, please speak to your practitioner if you have any questions.
Therapy availability times and prices may vary, please check with your chosen therapy room and/or practitioner for up to date details.
Specific therapy room and practitioner terms and conditions apply, please see the relevant store treatment room timetable available on our website, ask in store or your practitioner for further details.
Please notify your practitioner or chosen therapy room prior to booking if you have any specific requirements (for example, an impairment, disability and or access issues)so that suitable arrangements can be made if possible. Payment to be made to the store by card or gift card, or by cash or cheque to be given straight to practitioner or card payment at reception.
Some medicines, tests and additional extras may apply.
During your Treatment
Please note, it’s your responsibility to advise the practitioner of anything which may affect your treatment, including but not limited to whether you have any illnesses, medical conditions, injuries, on any medication, if you are pregnant or have any allergies which you are aware of, as this may affect your suitability for treatment. The practitioner also reserves the right to refuse you treatment if you appear to be under the influence of drink or drugs.
Where treatment is available to those under the age of 18, a disclaimer will be required from the minor’s parent or guardian prior to the commencement of treatment. The parent or guardian must also accompany the minor on their first appointment.
For reasons of safety and in order to enhance the treatment experience for others, unfortunately we’re unable to accommodate anyone under the age of 18 in our therapy rooms, except those under 18 who are having treatment. You are kindly asked to refrain from booking or make appropriate arrangements prior to booking your appointment.
The practitioner reserves the right to remove you from your treatment or from the premises at any time if they believe you to be: disruptive, cause unnecessary inconvenience, deliberately damage property, or if you put anyone in any risk or fear of harm. If you are removed for any reason, your booking will be treated as cancelled and you will be liable for full cancellation charges and any costs and expenses which have been incurred as a result. If any of these circumstances occur, the practitioner and Neal’s Yard Remedies will not be liable for any refund or compensation or any costs or expenses you incur.
Amendments and Cancellations
If you want to amend your booking you must contact the relevant store or your practitioner as soon as possible to rearrange.
Please note, there is a 24‐hour cancellation notice for all treatments, except for treatments at Covent Garden therapy rooms which have a 48‐hour cancellation notice. If treatments are cancelled with less than this notice period you may be charged the full treatment cost.
£10 off £30 online spend – Therapy code promotion
£10 off after receiving an online therapy booked online via www.nealsyardremedies.com.£10 off code valid when you spend £30on NYR products onlineat www.nealsyardremedies.com, simply enter code given prior to confirming your order. One use per customer. Offer does not apply in other stockists. Excludes previous purchases, bespoke gifts online, gift vouchers & cards, e‐mail gift cards, therapies, courses/workshops, prescriptions and delivery charges. No cash or other alternatives. Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer. We reserve the right to withdraw or amend this offer at anytime. If your therapy is cancelled or declined for whatever reason, you will no longer be entitled to the offer. Therapy booking and therapy terms and conditions apply.
19. IN‐STORE EVENTS
All in‐store events must be paid for in one payment to secure the booking.
Amendments and Cancellations
If you want to change an in‐store event booking:
If you decide to amend or cancel a booking for whatever reason you must contact us as soon as possible.
If you amend your in‐store event booking the following conditions will apply:
· You must do so no less than 48 hours prior to your event start date, after this date no amendmentswillbemadeandcancellationcharges willapply,seecancellationtermsbelow.
· If there’s another suitable in‐store event available you will only be able to amend your booking date once, and it must be to another available date which takes place within 6 monthsofyouroriginaleventstartdate. Afterthistime,cancellationcharges willapply.
· All amendments are subject toavailability.
· Youmaybeallowed toamendthenameonyourbooking inexceptionalcircumstancesonly and will be at our sole discretion, please call us todiscuss.
If you want to cancel your booking for whatever reason you must contact us as soon as possible.
To cover the cost of processing your cancellation, and to compensate us for the risk that we may not be able to resell your place on the event, we’ll make a cancellation charge on the scale shown below.
Period before event starts when notice of cancellation is received
Percentage of total event price
48 hours or more
Less than 48 hours
Please note, as with any leisure activity or theatre ticket purchase, the above cancellation charges will apply, even if you’ve booked your event less than 14 days prior to your cancellation.
If we change a booking
Occasionally there may be reasons outside of our control which mean we may have to cancel and/or amend your booking, for example, not being sufficient numbers of participants to allow an event to proceed. These instances are rare, and we reserve our right to do this in exceptional circumstances, we will let you know as soon as we can if there is time before the start of your event. If this happens, we will endeavour to do the following:
· 1.We will give you the opportunity to reschedule your booking to another event date if available and which takes place within 6 months of the original booking date.
· 2.If your booking is unable to be rescheduled or the date is unacceptable to you, we will issue you a full refund of the price paid.
Please be aware that Neal’s Yard Remedies cannot, under any circumstances, beheld responsible for any travel or accommodation costs incurred. Participants are advised to make sure they book travel and accommodation that can be cancelled or rescheduled, or takeout appropriate insurance.
Please be aware that event materials and take‐home products are subject to availability and may differ if certain raw ingredients are out of stock or cannot be sourced.
All training material is owned by Neal’s Yard Remedies. Filming an event, copying, adaptation or other use of all or part of these materials without written permission from Neal’s Yard Remedies is prohibited.
Please make sure to notify us with any relevant illnesses or injuries, any allergies or if you are pregnant as this may affect your suitability to attend certain events.
If your booking is made through a third party platform such as Eventbrite, your data will be held and processed by that third party in accordance with their privacy notice.
Eventbrite Privacy Notice can be found here.
We will process and hold your data in accordance with our Privacy Notice, available here.
For reasons of safety and to enhance the event experience for everyone, unfortunately we are unable to accommodate anyone under the age of 12 during our in‐store events. Anyone over this age but under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
We reserve the right to remove you from an in‐store event if we believe you to be: disruptive, if you cause unnecessary inconvenience, you deliberately damage property, or if you put anyone in any risk of harm. If you are removed from the in‐store event, we will treat your booking as cancelled and you will be liable for full cancellation charges. If any of these circumstances occur Neal’s Yard Remedies will not be liable for any refund or compensation or any costs or expenses that you incur.
20. Virtual Consultations
By booking your free personalised video consultation, you agree to be contacted by a virtual consultant provided by us to discuss your selected virtual consultation. By continuing with your consultation, you agree to the following terms and conditions which apply:
- This service is only available to UK residents aged 18 years or over
- The data you submit (such as your name, telephone number, location, e-mail, address and any other information you provide) will be collected and processed in accordance with our Privacy Notice to enable us to provide this service to you. Please read thisPrivacy Notice, including sections which relate to Special Category Data. We strongly discourage you from disclosing any sensitive Personal Information (such as health or credit card/payment information).
- Recording of any consultation by you or otherwise is not permitted. Your consultant reserves the right to end the consultation if she or he becomes aware that the consultation is being recorded
- It is to be noted that your virtual consultant will only providing guidance to you during your consultation based on the information you provide. This guidance should in no way be deemed professional and/or qualified advice. You are strongly recommended to discuss any condition you have (including pregnancy, breast feeding and/or any symptoms) with your medical practitioner prior to following any guidance which is given to you as a result of your consultation.
- Your consultant will in no way be advising or prescribing information and/or products to you.
- There may be times when your consultant references books or alternative literature, this is for reference only and should not be taken as a recommendation to treat or cure any symptom.
- Some products which we may refer to during your consultation contain alcohol and are only recommended for use for those who are aged 18 years or over.
- Products referred to during your consultation are subject to availability. Not all products referred to will be available online.
- Your consultation and personalised recommendation is personal to you only and should not be shared with or recommended to anyone else. The links to products and further information referred to by a consultant or contained within your personal recommendation are for information only.
- Your consultant reserves the right to terminate a consultation at any time for whatever reason in their sole discretion.
- Neal’s Yard Remedies cannot be held liable for any information which has been shared and/or discussed between you and the consultant.
- Nothing will limit Neal’s Yard Remedies liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or fraud, all other liability, unless such cannot be lawfully limited or excluded, shall be limited to £200 GBP. All warranties and conditions whether express or implied by statute, common law or otherwise are excluded. These terms are governed by English law under the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Full website and Neal’s Yard Remedies Terms & Conditions apply.