Introduction to Massage - Stage 1 - Sunday 22 March 2020
“This course left me feeling inspired and uplifted. Our tutor led us through the day with sensitivity, clarity and humour. I cannot recommend the course highly enough."
Massage can help alleviate muscle aches and pains, skin problems, anxiety, depression and stress as well as create a sense of deep relaxation. Designed to be enjoyable and educational, this experience is great to enjoy whether you are by yourself or with a friend. Guided by demonstrations, it teaches all you need to know to give friends and loved ones relaxing and therapeutic massages. You will learn about essential oils and how to use them in massage to help balance the emotions as well as the body. We provide a comprehensive manual that covers the theoretical and practical components of the day. Techniques will be practised on each other so you’ll leave feeling relaxed and uplifted.
- An introduction to essential oils, carrier oils and safe blending
- Benefits related to skin care, relaxation and everyday ailments
- Understanding how stress can affect us, particularly in relation to the muscles in the body
- Give and receive an arm and hand massage
- Give and receive a relaxing massage, concentrating on the neck, shoulders and back, where we commonly hold tension
- Create your own oil, specially blended for your needs to use during your massage
Please be aware that you will be learning massage in an open space with both men and women present. The day entails an amount of bare skin to be exposed and a certain level of undress will be required to learn the routines.
Book Stage 1 and Stage 2 together and save £30. Discount will be applied at checkout.
20% off in store
Make more of your day with 20% discount in our Covent Garden store, the original Neal's Yard Remedies store.*
*20% off applies on day of workshop in Neal's Yard Remedies Covent Garden store only. Excludes sales of Gift Vouchers, Therapies, Courses and third party products. No cash or other alternatives. Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer.