Rehydrating Rose Toner
- Product Details
- 5 Reviews
- Size 200ml
- PLU 0314
- Product Buying Options
Our best selling Rehydrating Rose Toner (formerly known as Rose Water) balances, cools and hydrates normal and sensitive skin types. With naturally refreshing damask roses and a delicate floral scent, this award winning customer favourite tones your face and primes your skin to better absorb serum and moisturiser.
- For normal and sensitive skin types
- Cools, refreshes and hydrates
- Primes skin before moisturising
Top Tips to keep skin hydrated
1. Drink plenty of water - Your skin needs water - 2 litres a day, including from food, is ideal. Add a slice of lemon to restore your skin's brightness.
2. Use a facial oil - Harsh weather conditions take their toll - help protect skin by adding a few drops of facial oil when applying your moisturiser.
3. Wash with cooler water - Taking hot showers and baths can dehydrate skin. So turn the temperature down by 5°C at the same time and save enough energy
Aqua (Water), Alcohol denat., Aloe barbadensis (Aloe vera) leaf juice powder*, Rosa damascena (Rose) essential oil, Levulinic acid, Glycerin, Potassium sorbate, Coco-glucoside, Citronellol, Eugenol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Linalool.
*Organically produced ingredient. Natural constituent of essential oils listed.Made with 95% organically produced ingredients.
We are unable to send this product outside of the UK since it is prohibited by the relevant authorities (CAA, DFT and MCA).
UK Standard (3 - 5 working days Monday - Friday)
- FREE UK standard delivery on all orders over £40
- £4.95 on orders under £40
- £1 Gift Voucher only orders
£6.95 Orders placed before noon Monday to Thursday will arrive on the next working day before 5.30pm, except certain postcodes. Not including Saturday or Sunday. Orders placed before noon on a Friday will arrive on the following Monday. Excluding Bank Holidays.
All UK orders
Parcel force (except where stated). Anytime from 8am - 5.30pm Monday - Friday
Require a signature on delivery. Should the recipient not be in, the parcel may be taken to the nearest Post Office or a re-delivery attempted the following day.