Create Your Own Face & Body Lotion
Create Your Own Face & Body Lotion
This fragrance-free lotion is AllergyCertified when used on its own and gentle enough for sensitive skin. Either use as it is or create your own bespoke blend using our wide range of essential oils, flower remedies and herbal tinctures. Its versatile formulation makes it a great softening face and body moisturiser or an effective facial cleanser.
- AllergyCertified when used on its own
- Suitable for all skin types, including children and those with sensitive skin
- Skin nourishing and conditioning for face and body
- Effective as a facial cleanser
- Customise with essential oils, flower remedies or herbal tinctures – find recipes here
You can add the following to your body wash:
Essential oils – up to 1% for face, up to 2% for body
Flower remedies – a few drops
Tinctures – up to 5%
Infusions – up to 25%. To make an infusion, steep the herb(s) of your choice in hot water, then cool. The more you add, the thinner your product will be. Once an infusion has been added, use within a week or keep refrigerated.
These are general guidelines. For more information please refer to the Safety Information in the Essential Oils leaflet and in-store.
Warning: For external use only. Avoid contact with the eyes. Do not use with essential oils during pregnancy.
This product is classed as AllergyCertified, making it a great choice for sensitive skin or for those with skin allergies. It may be used as it is, alternatively you can add your choice of essential oils, tinctures or pure plant oils (that you’re confident you’re not allergic to), making it the perfect base to create your own, bespoke product.
See our Little Book of Essential Oils, available in-store or here, for an easy guide explaining how to blend essential oils.
- Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil*, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil*, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Cera Alba/Beeswax*, Levulinic Acid, Tocopherol, Sodium Levulinate, Potassium Sorbate, Xanthan Gum, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder*.
First, i love Neals yard products. I have tried lots and don't use any other brand. I gave this a go as i thought i would like to make my own lotion. Before i added anything to it I tried the lotion, it doesn't absorb well and sadly it made my skin itch all over. I am wondering if it is the high quantity of soy in it. I felt it was a bit cheap and wont be buying it again...Response from NYR on 29.11.16 'We’re sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the lotion. Please do contact us on email@example.com so that we can help you further with finding an alternative lotion.'
I love this product. I have never used any products of Neal's yard. Friends of mine has been recommended it since I have got such a sensitive and dry skin. I am quite happy with this one. I've been using this one for a week. My skin gets quite smooth. However, I am just wondering If I add essntial oils then I shouldn't be able to use more than a week???? nAnyway I am using it as its own. So far so good.
This is an excellent lotion,so versatile, it can be used with virtually any base and/or essential oil or even just on its own, which is the way my wife uses it,as she has sensitive skin. Personally I mix it with various oils etc. depending on how I feel. I have used a well known fragrance-free moisturiser from a department store counter (you know the brand I mean!) and this is far superior, and much less expensive.P.S.If you have ever used the BASELINE LOTION and liked it,well this is an improvised version of that.
I have sensitive skin which is prone to eczema, so I use this lotion as it is. I find it really moisturising for my hands and legs and a little goes a long way. A very pleasant and effective product!
I think the CREATE YOUR OWN range of products are excellent. They are so versatile. I have been using this lotion since it was launched (I used to use baseline lotion, but this is even better) I use it to clean my face, as an aftershave balm, and as a moisturiser. All of which are excellent. some days I use it as it is (unscented) and sometimes I add delicious essential oils to add to the pleasure. I would love a CREATE YOUR OWN FACE WASH , but for now I use the HAIR and BODY WASH on my face and so far so good.
UK Standard (3 - 5 working days Monday - Friday)
- FREE UK standard delivery on all orders over £40
- £4.95 on orders under £40
- £1 Gift Voucher only orders
- £6.95 Orders placed before noon Monday to Thursday will arrive on the next working day before 5.30pm, except certain postcodes. Not including Saturday or Sunday. Orders placed before noon on a Friday will arrive on the following Monday. Excluding Bank Holidays.
All UK orders
Parcel force (except where stated). Anytime from 8am - 5.30pm Monday - Friday
Require a signature on delivery. Should the recipient not be in, the parcel may be taken to the nearest Post Office or a re-delivery attempted the following day.
European (Within EEC)
- £11 Courier. Please allow up to 14 working days for delivery
International (Non EEC)
- £30 on orders under £500. Please allow up to 14 working days for delivery
- £60 on orders over £500. Please allow up to 14 working days for delivery