This calming oil has an earthy scent and is steam distilled from the root. Naturally grounding and restorative, it has sedative qualities and can help you to get a more restful night’s sleep, making it perfect to incorporate into your bedtime routine.
- Key benefit: Relaxing
- Latin name: Vetiveria zizanoides
- Country of origin: Madagascar
- Blends beautifully with: rose, ginger and bergamot
How To Use:
Bath & Shower
Inhale the aromatic stream while your skin absorbs all the benefits of the oil. For adults, add up to 5 drops in 2 tbsp bath oil, shower gel, full fat milk or carrier oil. For children over 2 years old or adults with sensitive skin, reduce the amount to up to 2 drops per 2 tbsp.
This technique helps to clear your head and nose. For adults, add 4–6 drops to a bowl of steaming water, pace a towel over your head and breathe. Children over 2 years old, adults with sensitive skin and asthmatics should not inhale directly. Instead, place the bowl of hot water with added oils in the room nearby.
Relaxes your body and mind while helping to soothe aching muscles. For adults, use up to 15 drops in 2 tbsp of base oil. For children over 2 years old or adults with sensitive skin, use up to 6 drops in 2 tbsp of base oil.
Diffusers & Burners
A natural air freshener, this technique creates a relaxing ambiance and mood. For adults, add 1–3 drops in a diffuser or burner. For children over 2 years old, add 1–3 drops in a diffuser.
Vetiver is a thick 'oil' and needs some attention in getting it out of the bottle, esp in cool / cold temperatures. It's a pity that you didn't try taking the dropper cap off. Gawd knows why you chucked it all away. It's a multi-useful and effective product. rnWith the top on, tip the bottle upside down for a second or two. Then hold upright, prise off the plastic dropper cap and, using the dropper tube, dispense a drop onto skin / into skin cream / moisturiser, etc. Repeat as seen fit. Lovely job. Lovely aroma. Superb effect on one's mind, nerves, ego, etc. One of the best essential oils (along with Patchouli) for cheering oneself up.
This is a lovely fresh earthy smelling oil but its so thick that its impossible to get it to drop out of the dropper - I gave up on it in the end and threw it away.
UK Standard (3 - 5 working days Monday - Friday)
- FREE UK standard delivery on all orders over £40
- £4.95 on orders under £40
- £1 Gift Voucher only orders
- £6.95 Orders placed before noon Monday to Thursday will arrive on the next working day before 5.30pm, except certain postcodes. Not including Saturday or Sunday. Orders placed before noon on a Friday will arrive on the following Monday. Excluding Bank Holidays.
All UK orders
Parcel force (except where stated). Anytime from 8am - 5.30pm Monday - Friday
Require a signature on delivery. Should the recipient not be in, the parcel may be taken to the nearest Post Office or a re-delivery attempted the following day.
European (Within EEC)
- £11 Courier. Please allow up to 14 working days for delivery
International (Non EEC)
- £30 on orders under £500. Please allow up to 14 working days for delivery
- £60 on orders over £500. Please allow up to 14 working days for delivery