Dynamic Deep Tissue Techniques CPD - Sat 29 & Sun 30 June 2019
- Product Details
- PLU DTJUN19
- Product Buying Options
Please note: this course is for practitioners only. Students will be required to send us a copy of their qualification and valid insurance.
"Elaine is the most fabulous tutor! Content was delivered seamlessly - one subject of learning flowed into the next in a complementary style. Each topic was in-depth but clear and never overwhelming."
A weekend of learning effective techniques to treat upper/lower body tension with ease and confidence! Add an exciting dimension to your bodywork by working 'hands free', utilising the forearm and elbow to treat those common areas of tension that clients present with, over and over again. Using mainly the forearm and elbow for massage allows the hands to rest, saving wear and tear on thumbs and wrists - the most common areas of work-related strain.
You will learn how to apply Dynamic Deep Tissue techniques for lower back, gluteals and legs as well as upper back, neck and shoulders, arms and hands. .
The aims of this course are to:
- Consider the physiology and issues that therapists are commonly presented with
- Practically focus on these areas and explore a wide range of massage techniques utilising the forearm and elbow
- Understand the principles and applications of Deep Tissue massage
- Explore basic musculoskeletal dysfunctions
- Allow you to integrate this knowledge into your current practice
By the end of the course you will:
- Have practised treatments under supervision
- Have a clear understanding of why, when and how to use these techniques
- Have developeda greater awareness of your client's (and your own) needs, both posturally and emotionally
- Have experienced and put into practice a wide range of practical solutions to give the variety, scope and confidence necessary to add a vibrant dimension to your bodywork
- Discover the beauty and ease of free flowing massage techniques
With all of our CPD courses, we ask students to bring their own towels along. If you are unable to do so, you are able to rent a set from us at an additional cost of £10.
20% off in store
Make more of your day with 20% discount in our Covent Garden store, the original Neal's Yard Remedies store.*
*20% off applies on day of workshop in Neal's Yard Remedies Covent Garden store only. Excludes sales of Gift Vouchers, Therapies, Courses and third party products. No cash or other alternatives. Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer.
Length: 2 days
Dates: Saturday 29 - Sunday 30 June 2019
Time: 9.00am - 5.30pm - with an hour for lunch (not provided - teas and coffee will be provided)
Location: Neal's Yard Remedies School of Natural Health in Covent Garden, London
Entry requirements: Suitable for NVQ level 3 certificates in Anatomy and Physiology AND level 3 in full body massage qualification (Swedish, Holistic or Body). We accept one certificate which combines both or individual certificates if you have gained these qualifications separately. It can be an ITEC, VTCT, BTEC, CIDESCO and CIBTAC or a similar qualification. The NVQ level 3 that is required to join this course is at least 100 training hours.
Qualification: Certification accredited by the IFPA and FHT
CPD points: 12 (IFPA), 10 (FHT)
Tutor: Elaine Tomkins
Benefits: Each student will be entitled to 20% discount in our Covent Garden shop for the duration of the course.
Further Information: Please call 020 3119 5904 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Places are limited so book early to guarantee your place.
No tickets or other items will be sent in the post. You will receive a welcome email prior to the course.
Promotional offers exclude purchases and sales of Courses.
Please see our Terms and Conditions for rescheduling or cancelling a course.