A powdered leaf that is traditionally used to dye the hair and the skin red. Henna has been used by women for thousands of years to dye the hair, the fingernails, the palms and the soles. Men too used it to obtain a red hue in their beards. It comes from a small, attractive shrub with leaves of a pale green colour. Its white flowers give off a sharp odour. But it is the leaves which are dried and crushed into a greenish-yellow powder and then used as the colourant.
How to Use:
For short or cropped hair use 25g of Henna, for shoulder-length hair use 50g of Henna, for long hair use 75g of Henna.
Mix the crushed-leaf powder with hot water to produce a 'henna pack'.
Apply this to the hair as a paste. Leave for 30 - 40 minutes before rinsing thoroughly. Alternately, to obtain a more intense colouring, wrap a towel around the head and leave for 1 - 4 hours, or even all night.
Henna has a thickening effect which adds body, lustre and highlights to your hair. Instead of just water, henna can be mixed with a strong, hot tea to bring out more red or with a cup of coffee to dull the red somewhat. For a really bright red, mix with All Spice.
It is advisable to dye a cutting of your hair before you use it for the first time.
UK Standard (3 - 5 working days Monday - Friday)
- FREE UK standard delivery on all orders over £40
- £4.95 on orders under £40
- £1 Gift Voucher only orders
- £6.95 Orders placed before noon Monday to Thursday will arrive on the next working day before 5.30pm, except certain postcodes. Not including Saturday or Sunday. Orders placed before noon on a Friday will arrive on the following Monday. Excluding Bank Holidays.
All UK orders
Parcel force (except where stated). Anytime from 8am - 5.30pm Monday - Friday
Require a signature on delivery. Should the recipient not be in, the parcel may be taken to the nearest Post Office or a re-delivery attempted the following day.
European (Within EEC)
- £11 Courier. Please allow up to 14 working days for delivery
- £7 Royal Mail (non trackable)
International (Non EEC)
- £30 on orders under £500. Please allow up to 14 working days for delivery
- £60 on orders over £500. Please allow up to 14 working days for delivery
You Might Also Like:
£6.50 / 50g