WAREHOUSE ASSISTANT (MATERNITY COVER)
FIXED TERM CONTRACT UNTIL JULY 2018
FULL TIME 37.5 HOURS PER WEEK
LOCATION – PEACEMARSH
The Warehouse team is responsible for ensuring all components, raw materials and stock are received and stored accurately, on time and to the required standards using the procedures set out by Neal’s Yard Remedies and using the company’s Sage warehousing system. The team have on a daily basis a high level of contact with the other Production departments and the Technical team as well as external parties e.g. Wincanton, TNT.
- Picking works orders for NYR packing department and Subcontractors
- Ensuring stock Manufacturing stocks are replenished daily
- Verifying and returning surplus stock back to the warehouse
- Carrying out and accurately documenting internal stock movements
- Ensuring all stock both delivered and dispatched is visually checked ensuring it is in good order.
- Ensuring all Goods in Deliveries are accurately receipted, labelled and QC documentation filled out as per Goods In procedure.
- Driving the forklift trucks in a safe and efficient manner.
- To carry out daily safety checks within the warehouse.
- To keep all warehouse areas clean, tidy and safe, and remove waste for re-cycling as requested.
- To carry out Daily PI checks as well as annual stock–takes under the direction of the Supervisor.
- Assist in routine Health and Safety inspections on the warehouse and Racking.
- Ensuring all plant and PPE is maintained and stored safely and correctly
- Low level QC checks and packing of Japan bi-monthly order
- Accurate completion of all warehouse documentation and diligent adherence to all routines and procedures
- Picking and supply of componentry to the packing department
- A current Reach and Counterbalance Fork Lift Truck license (externally certified)
- Experience in a Manufacturing Warehouse environment
- Basic to Intermediate Computer literacy would be an advantage but training will be given.
- The job role involves some repetitive heavy lifting.
- The Warehouse Assistant will sometimes be asked to work overtime if needed.
- The job role may be subject to work pattern changes.
DISCONTINUATIONS PROJECT MANAGER
FULL TIME 35 HOURS PER WEEK
LOCATION – PEACEMARSH
The Discontinuations Project Manager is responsible for the lifestyle management of new and existing products. Working closely with the Brand Managers & Supply Chain teams to ensure the smooth run out of finished products and componentry to minimize wastage. Strategically review and identify potential products for discontinuation in to optimize our total product portfolio size
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT - Effectively manage cross functional project teams in the review and implement the discontinuation of finished products, componentry and raw materials.
- DISCONTINUATIONS - Manage the review of the size of the product portfolio and proposals for discontinuation.
- COMMUNICATIONS - Manage the approval and communication of discontinuations across the business.
- BUDGET MANAGEMENT – Managing run outs and minimising wastage and write offs.
- REPORTING – Providing weekly updates on the status of Projects & KPIs for Senior Management meetings
- Responsible for the management of the product life cycle and discontinuation process of finished product and unique componentry/ raw materials
- Efficiently manage the run out of discontinued products/ components to minimise wastage
- Work closely with planning and procurement teams to develop plans for the usage and run out of old componentry and raw materials
- Work closely with NPD teams to effectively manage the run out of discontinued products in time for new launches
- Manage & keep up to date the discontinuations tracker and run a weekly cross functional project team meeting to ensure the progress of all discontinuations are on track
- Work closely with Marketing and other key stakeholders to ensure discontinuations are effectively managed through our retail stores and other channels
- Constantly review and analyse the size of the existing product portfolio to recommend potential products/ components for discontinuation based on sales performance
- Work closely with the Head of NPD to strategically optimise the size of the product portfolio
- Manage key stakeholders, including exec members, to get approvals in a timely manner for all potential discontinuations
- Communicate out to the business the status and run out plans for finished products
- Implement the discontinuation on SAGE
- Create weekly status report on the progress of discontinuations and our total size of line.
- Keep track of costs associated with write offs
- Develop systems and processes to continuously streamline & improve the discontinuations process
- Develop an expertise on SAGE
- Support the Senior NPD Project Manager with ad hoc projects, as requested.
- To be of graduate calibre (Marketing/Business/Management preferred).
- To demonstrate strong project planning capabilities
- To show the ability to prioritise, manage time and resilience under pressure.
- To be highly planned & have advanced organisational skills are a pre-requisite.
- To demonstrate good analytical skills, with high levels of computer literacy.
- To be a proactive self-starter, adaptable & flexible to change.
- To possess excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- To demonstrate good interpersonal skills and strong team player.
- To be a self-starter with completer/finisher attributes.