IT Support Analyst
Full Time - 37.5 Hours - Permanent
Location: Peacemarsh, Gillingham, Dorset
Overall Job Purpose
The IT Support Analyst will provide first/second line technical support to end users on various technical issues and problems relating to hardware, software and peripherals. They will also be responsible for responding to, documenting and resolving service tickets in a timely manner according to SLA.
The IT Support Analyst must have excellent problem-solving skills to diagnose, evaluate and resolve complex problem situations, or when appropriate, escalate or route them to appropriate IT staff members and 3rd Parties.
The IT Support Analyst will also perform root cause analysis, develop checklists for typical problems and recommend procedures and controls for problem prevention. This position will support multiple platforms including desktops, laptops, mobile devices and telephone equipment. This position may require independent work, sharing information and assisting others with work orders.
NYR are on a digital transformation journey, embedding a digital culture and customer first approach across our people, process and technology. You will gain exposure to the latest “cloud” technologies, collaboration tools and digital platforms across our omni-channel Retail estate.
- Provide exceptional customer service in person, via phone and email as appropriate
- Resolve service desk issues including troubleshooting hardware and software issues
- Perform user administration duties
- First point of contact for IT support issues
- Break/fix support for MS Windows PC’s
- Break/fix support for MS Office applications
- Installation of PC’s, monitors network printers and associated IT equipment
- Installation of Microsoft software and other 3rd party applications
- Liaising with Starcom IT Help Desk and manage calls Starcom are resolving
- Liaising with 3rd party support companies who provide support and maintenance on the various business systems at NYR to resolve system issues
- Other tasks as directed by the Head of IT
Full Time - 37.5 Hours - Permanent
Location: Peacemarsh, Gillingham, Dorset
Overall Job Purpose
The Line Leader is responsible for delivering the agreed production plan on a daily/weekly basis to the agreed standards of GMP, Quality, Efficiency and Cost.
To agree the Packing plan, execute it and report daily any shortfalls with actions to the Packing Supervisor / Head of Production.
To be a key member of the Junior Management team driving quality, GMP, cost, efficiency and safety.
To drive a continuous improvement theme on the filling and packing line.
To manage, develop, coach and support the Production assistants to ensure a smooth-running operation.
- To work with the Packing Supervisor to agree an effective and efficient production plan.
- Ensure awareness and give feedback of the production plan, achieved outputs, targets and quality across the Packing Line.
- The timely and effective input of data on to the Sage system.
- To ensure all production documentation is completed in a timely and accurate manner, i.e. daily/weekly reporting and non-conformance for QC.
- To be a driver of change within the Packing area supporting the Production management team.
- To have a high degree of input in to the production meetings.
- Ensuring the adherence to the Neal’s Yard Remedies quality manual with specific reference to product quality, paperwork standards, sampling and GMP standards.
- To ensure machinery is made available for engineers Planned Preventative Maintenance.
- Provide motivation, support and guidance to the team to achieve engagement and meet the standards required by Neal’s Yard Remedies.
- Demonstrable experience in an FMCG Production environment.
- Proven record of continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate a good eye for attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong computer literacy skills to include Microsoft Office, and ERP systems.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities: influencing, decision making, delegation, conflict management, motivating and leading a team.
- To demonstrate good interpersonal skills and strong team player.
Customer Care Co-Ordinator
Full Time - 35 Hours - Location: Peacemarsh, Gillingham, Dorset
Overall Job Purpose
The Customer Care team provides a vital two-way communication channel between our customers and the company and is a crucial part of managing our relationships with customers. The team also helps fulfil our mission of educating people to be more aware and responsible for their own health.
The Customer Care Coordinator plays a vital role in ensuring all customer enquiries are dealt with promptly and in a helpful, caring and polite manner. The post-holder also plays a role in ensuring that internal departments are informed about customer and media trends, issues, complaints, requests, suggestions and that customers receive excellent service and knowledgeable advice in line with our values, philosophies and policies. Internally, there is considerable liaison with the dispatch team, retail sales support, shops, marketing, technical, e-commerce and product development.
This is a full time post working 35 hours per week Monday – Friday. Neal’s Yard Remedies product training will be provided.
- To help staff the Customer Care telephones which include Advice and Mail Order lines.
- To ensure that customer enquiries are dealt with to the highest Customer Care standards; the phone is answered promptly and in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner and e-mails/letters are answered quickly and accurately.
- To provide customers (both consumers and stockists) with advice and information of a very high standard, on all matters to do with Neal’s Yard Remedies’ services, policies, products and health issues.
- To maximise opportunities to gain feedback and suggestions from customers on products and services offered.
- To help communicate relevant customer feedback so that the NYR can be pro-active rather than re-active.
- To deal with complaints and ensure that all complaint details and outcomes are logged.
- To help maintain and build up a library of current, accurate and relevant information on products, ingredients, company policies, prices, practitioners, health issues and other relevant information.
- To take orders over the phone accurately.
- To process returns and refunds.
- To become fully familiar with our Gift card and Loyalty schemes.
- To provide support in the absence of the Customer Care Manager.
- To carry out other tasks appropriate to the Customer Care Department.
- Highly organized with good attention to detail.
- Customer contact experience.
- Qualification in a modality such as herbalism, nutritional therapy, naturopathy or aromatherapy is desired.
- Calm under pressure and able to work at a fast pace.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong IT skills.
Quality Control Technician
Fixed Term Contract to March 2018
Hours: Full Time: 37.5 hours per week, Monday-Friday
The QC Technician role is intended to ensure all materials used and products manufactured meet appropriate quality specifications.
Quality Control Laboratory Duties:
- Carry out sampling and testing in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practice
- Sample raw materials
- Test physical/chemical properties of bulk products, raw materials and herbal tinctures.
- Accurately record test results
- Compare results obtained against current specifications
- Escalate out of specification results with Quality Control Manager and NPD team as appropriate.
- Carry out lab scale rework assessments liaising as necessary with the NPD and manufacturing teams.
- Carry out daily checks on manufacturing and laboratory water purification systems
- Maintain laboratory stocks of consumables
- Ensure laboratory work areas are kept clean
- Calibration of laboratory equipment at the required frequency
- To assist the Quality Control Manager in training other members of the team
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practise as applied to the Quality Control Laboratory.
General Quality Assurance Duties:
- Logging & filing retained samples
- Daily checks on weighing machines in the factory
- Weekly/monthly checks on detergent and disinfectant solution strengths in the factory
- AQL inspections of finished goods
- Filling line inspections
- General department paperwork & admin duties
- To assist with maintenance of the GMP archive
- Assisting with routine maintenance of manufacturing and laboratory water purification systems
- To be pro-active and to support the team and company objectives
- Assist the Quality Control Manager in training other members of the team
- Assist the Quality Control Manager with audits and inspections from external bodies
Provide holiday/absence cover and support during times of unexpectedly high workload in the microbiology lab, working with the Microbiologist in carrying out the following:
- Preparation of media
- Analysis of water, raw material and product samples according to EP methods
- Environmental monitoring in the manufacturing and packing
Provide holiday/absence cover and support during times of unexpectedly high workload in the inspection team, working with the inspection team in carrying out the following:
- Inspection of products
- Inspection of components
Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP):
- Follow the current GMP procedures applicable to the work that is being undertaken.
- Ensure any corrective and preventive actions assigned to you are completed by the assigned deadlines.
- Ensure that your training and training record are kept up to date.
Continuous Improvement and Self-Development:
- Seek ways of improving how your own job is done and look for opportunities to work more effectively (includes learning from mistakes)
- To make reasonable suggestions to your line manager or supervisor about improvements that will affect other people or departments
- To offer constructive criticism and possible solutions
- To find out more about possible solutions to problems you face in doing your job
- To help other people and departments improve their performance
- To develop your own skills and improve your own performance through seeking opportunities to learn
Health & Safety:
- To take reasonable care for your own health and safety and of other people affected by your actions
- To comply with NYR’s Health & Safety procedures e.g. First Aid, fire, COSHH, manual handling, etc
- To report health & safety risks and hazards to your manager, supervisor or local Health & Safety representative
- To cooperate with your line manager, supervisor or local Health & Safety representative when risk assessments are being conducted and to implement any changes made as a result of risk assessments
Essential experience, skills and qualities:
- Ability to operate analytical equipment accurately
- Ability to prioritise competing tasks and meet deadlines
- Well-organised, attention to detail
- Logical and systematic approach to tasks
- Flexible, positive, can-do attitude
- Excellent team spirit
- Excellent numeracy
- Good communication skills and written English
- Good IT skills; competent in MS Word, Excel and Outlook; able to learn Warehouse Management System software (Sage)
- Understanding of and empathy with NYR’s values and how they apply to product quality
- Excellent team spirit
- Valid UK permit allowing full-time work
Desirable experience, skills and qualities:
- Experience in a Quality Control laboratory
- Experience of quality issues in natural cosmetics and toiletries
- Experience of GMP
- Knowledge of packaging and labelling issues
Quality Control Manager
FULL TIME – 37.5 HOURS
- To protect customers and the NYR brand by ensuring all goods released for sale meet the necessary quality standards and comply with all relevant legislation. The QC Manager looks after all day to day aspects of the system and for communication to the Head of Quality and Senior Management on issues/decisions made or required.
- To ensure that all systems are reviewed for applicability and areas for continuous improvement.
- To ensure that paperwork, products and decisions are made in a timely manner to meet with Production/Supply Chain requirements.
- For fast and efficient inspection/feedback to suppliers and internal business owners on issues.
- To manage their team to ensure all members are operating as efficiently as possible, and that an ethos of continuous improvement is driven through the team
- QC batch records are evaluated and reviewed for accuracy and completeness and that finished goods comply with all appropriate quality standards.
- The QC hold/release status of finished goods in the distribution warehouse is managed and goods are released for distribution in accordance with business needs.
- Incoming materials, certificates and paperwork are checked for conformance and released to the business in a timely manner.
- Manufactured bulk products are tested and checked for conformance and released for filling in a timely manner.
- All QC issues are documented, investigated and reviewed for cause and effect, to ensure continuous improvement is achieved.
- That all testing, inspection and record analysis processes are carried out as prescribed and that regular review of processes is carried out for continuous improvement.
- Ensure compliance with internal quality system requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all externally audited systems including Soil Association, ISO 22716, Cruelty-Free International, MHRA, Fairtrade, Fairwild, Fair for Life, FDA, GMP and HACCP.
- Assist Head of Quality with audits from external bodies and feedback reports relating to those audits.
- Assist Head of Quality with corrective and preventative action plans.
- Ensure samples are tested in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all testing equipment is used and calibrated in the appropriate manner.
- Advise Head of Quality on capex requirements for the laboratory to enhance and improve service and testing quality.
- Train QC Staff in testing methodologies.
Continuous Improvement and Self Development:
- To assist in ensuring that continuous improvement is driven throughout the team and the organisation.
- To continually develop their own and their teams skills/performance.
Health and Safety:
- To carry out necessary risk assessments.
- To comply with NYR’s H&S procedures.
- To report H&S risks and hazards to the Head of Quality/H&S Representative.
- Be able to travel to suppliers/contractors and customer sites/offices when requested by Senior Management.
- Experience within cosmetic, pharma or food/drink FMCG industry.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a science-based discipline.
- Experience of GMP requirements.
- Knowledge and experience of QC/QA systems including ISO 22716, 9000 and ISO 17025.
- At least 5years experience in a similar role.
- Able to demonstrate excellent organisational and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills and written/spoken English.
- Understanding of and empathy with NYR’s values.
- Confidence to work under own initiative, yet take direction well.
- Able to plan and manage own time effectively.
- Valid UK work permit allowing full time work.
- Experience with Sage 1000
- Experience within a laboratory, chemical and/or analytical field.