12 MONTH CONTRACT
FULL TIME 35 HOURS (INCLUDING ONE DAY A WEEK IN YEOVIL COLLEGE)
LOCATION – PEACEMARSH
CLOSING DATE – 17 MARCH 2017
We are looking for a motivated Apprentice Chef to join our staff Restaurant.
As part of the apprenticeship skills obtained include:
- Preparation and cooking of hot and cold dishes for 50-100 staff per day
- Assisting with serving of meals at lunchtimes including taking of monies and giving change. Keeping basic records of money transactions
- To assist with preparation, cooking and serving of functions for 10-20 people
- To assist with keeping to budgets
- To occasionally manage the kitchen to cover chefs annual leave ( a slightly limited menu will be provided on these occasions to assist with smooth running of the kitchen)
- Completion of kitchen documentation
- Food Safety and Health and Safety
- Kitchen opening and closing procedures
- Assisting with baking cakes for staff and other occasions
- Assisting with development of new & exciting menus for restaurant
Requirements and prospects
- Basic knowledge of food and a keen interest in cooking and the hospitality industry.
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Able to work using own initiative
- A strong communicator
- A good team player
- Committed to achieving good standards of food hygiene.
Grade A*-C GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths.
On completion of this Apprenticeship there may be opportunity for the right candidate to remain in a permanent role within the business and progress to an Advanced Apprenticeship.
Training Provider – Yeovil College
Professional Cookery Diploma Level 2
Mandatory units within the Diploma:
- Unit 101- Maintain a safe hygienic and secure working environment
- Unit 102 - Maintain, handle and clean knives
- Unit 104 - Working effectively as part of a hospitality team
- Unit 203 – Maintain food safety when storing, preparing & cooking food
Plus optional units, such as Prepare poultry for basic dishes, cook and finish poultry dishes, complete kitchen documentation, prepare, cook and finish basic pastry products
- English, Maths and ICT Functional Skills (if required)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Apprenticeship framework: Catering and Professional Chefs
PERMANENT - FULL TIME – 35 HOURS
LOCATION – PEACEMARSH
CLOSING DATE: 17 MARCH 2017
The purpose of the Senior Microbiologist is to protect customers and the Neal’s Yard Remedies brand by ensuring all goods released for sale meet the necessary microbiological quality standards and comply with all relevant legislation. In addition, to manage their team to ensure all members are operating as efficiently as possible, and that an ethos of continuous improvement is driven through the team.
- Microbiological testing of incoming materials, manufactured bulks and finished goods.
- Investigation into contamination issues.
- That all testing, inspection and record analysis processes are carried out as prescribed and that regular review of processes is carried out for continuous improvement.
- Advise on cleaning validation protocols.
- Ensure samples are tested in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all testing equipment is used and calibrated in the appropriate manner.
- Advise Head of Quality on capex requirements for the laboratory to enhance and improve service and testing quality.
- Train staff in sampling, swabbing and testing methodologies.
- Ensure compliance with internal quality system requirements to ISO 17025 standards.
- Ensure compliance with all externally audited systems including ISO 22716, MHRA, FDA, GMP and HACCP.
- Assist Head of Quality with audits from external bodies and feedback reports relating to those audits.
- Assist Head of Quality with corrective and preventative action plans.
- Carry out GMP audits internally and at suppliers/third party manufacturers
- To carry out challenge testing for the development team in accordance with ISO 11930
- Experience within cosmetic, pharma or food/drink FMCG industry
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in microbiology
- Knowledge and experience of QC/QA systems including ISO 9000, ISO 17025 and ISO 11930
- Experience of GMP requirements
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role
- Able to demonstrate excellent organisational and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills and written/spoken English
- Understanding of and empathy with Neal’s Yard Remedies’ values
- Confidence to work under own initiative, yet take direction well
- Able to plan and manage own time effectively
- Experience with Sage 1000 is preferable
SENIOR FORMULATIONS MANAGER
PERMANENT- FULL TIME 35 HOURS
LOCATION – PEACEMARSH
CLOSING DATE: 17 MARCH 2017
- To manage a team of 5 formulation chemists to deliver right first time, new organic products across beauty, aromatherapy and natural health categories according to our 3-5 year NPD launch plan.
- To work alongside manufacturing to ensure all new products can be scaled up appropriately, developing efficient methods of manufacture and leading troubleshooting where necessary.
- To work with internal manufacturing or external subcontractors or finished product suppliers to develop innovative product solutions to support NPD strategy.
- To work with the product development team to scope out technical concepts, drive product innovation and to supply technical information to help develop copy and marketing for new products.
- To implement the technical guidelines and policies to ensure that all developments are safe, legal, and environmentally sensitive and reinforce the brand values across our markets.
- To ensure all products are suitable for their intended markets and progress relevant registrations as appropriate.
- To work cross functionally with departments such as procurement on key strategic projects that support NPD Strategy & business improvement.
- Develop a culture of “R&D and Innovation” within the Team, coaching them to achieve their business and personal objectives and supporting their development.
- To develop the R&D Laboratory in order to support the Company long term strategy as well as to be able to work to Industry Standards, e.g. to upgrade our portfolio of tools, instruments, etc.
- To initiate and drive co-operation programs with third parties in areas that fit into the Company long term strategic objectives.
- Manage the Formulation budget
- MSc/PhD (or equivalent) in Chemistry, Pharmacy, Formulation Chemistry, Chemistry with Formulation Chemistry or alternative related discipline.
- Considerable experience within a pharmaceutical/cosmetic/consumer goods development role.
- Previous experience and full working knowledge of current EU and US regulatory requirements for the development and manufacture of health & beauty products.
- Proven track record in overcoming formulation challenges such as development and scale-up of manufacturing processes.
- Thorough knowledge of good laboratory practice (relevant accreditation) principles of sample preparation, measurement & analysis.