Melissa Organic Essential Oil
- Product Details
- Be the first to review
- Size 2.5ml
- PLU 2169
- Product Buying Options
Melissa, also known as Lemon Balm, is a small herb native to central and southern Europe. It has a sweet, lemony scent and uplifting and calming properties. It is particularly useful during tense times, helping you to cope with daily stresses by giving you a natural energy boost.
- Key benefit: Energising
- Latin name: Melissa officinalis
- Country of origin: France
- Blends beautifully with: bergamot and eucalyptus
- Suitable for children over 2 years old
One of the most precious oils in aromatherapy, it takes up to 5 tonnes of fresh melissa to make just 2lbs of pure Melissa Essential Oil. This is why it’s often adulated with cheaper lemon essential oil. Ours is true melissa.
How to use:
Bath & Shower
Inhale the aromatic stream while your skin absorbs all the benefits of the oil. For adults, add up to 5 drops in 2 tbsp bath oil, shower gel, full fat milk or carrier oil. For children over 2 years old or adults with sensitive skin, reduce the amount to up to 2 drops per 2 tbsp.
This technique helps to clear your head and nose. For adults, add 4–6 drops to a bowl of steaming water, pace a towel over your head and breathe. Children over 2 years old, adults with sensitive skin and asthmatics should not inhale directly. Instead, place the bowl of hot water with added oils in the room nearby.
Energises your body and mind while helping to ease aching muscles. For adults, use up to 15 drops in 2 tbsp of base oil. For children over 2 years old or adults with sensitive skin, use up to 6 drops in 2 tbsp of base oil.
Diffusers & Burners
A natural air freshener, this technique creates an energising ambiance and mood. For adults, add 1–3 drops in a diffuser or burner. For children over 2 years old, add 1–3 drops in a diffuser.
UK Standard (3 - 5 working days Monday - Friday)
- FREE UK standard delivery on all orders over £40
- £4.95 on orders under £40
- £1 Gift Voucher only orders
- £6.95 Orders placed before noon Monday to Thursday will arrive on the next working day before 5.30pm, except certain postcodes. Not including Saturday or Sunday. Orders placed before noon on a Friday will arrive on the following Monday. Excluding Bank Holidays.
All UK orders
Parcel force (except where stated). Anytime from 8am - 5.30pm Monday - Friday
Require a signature on delivery. Should the recipient not be in, the parcel may be taken to the nearest Post Office or a re-delivery attempted the following day.
European (Within EEC)
- £11 Courier. Please allow up to 14 working days for delivery
International (Non EEC)
- £30 on orders under £500. Please allow up to 14 working days for delivery
- £60 on orders over £500. Please allow up to 14 working days for delivery